Linking to Competitors
Occasionally, you might need to link to another educational site in your tutorial or course, for "further reading", or to explain a particular concept in more detail. Here are the guidelines for what is/isn't allowed when linking to competing sites.
It's usually OK to link to a competitor if:
- The material isn't available anywhere on Tuts+ (and you've carefully checked!)
- The competitor is a free site
You shouldn't link to a competitor if:
- The material is available on Tuts+ (link to that instead!)
- The competitor is a paid site (either subscription-based, or pay-per-course based)
- The company operates in the same industry as Envato Market, or Envato Studio
There might be very occasional exceptions, which you should discuss with your editor — ask them if you have any questions, or you need to link to a site that competes with Envato more generally.